According to the document rationale, introduction of the mandatory requirements for energy efficiency are aimed at enhancing the efficient management of public funds, promoting energy saving and energy efficiency by the state, as well as reducing the installed capacities required to meet the ever-increasing demand for electricity.
With the adoption of the draft it is expected:
- The state to set an exemplary case for expansion of energy efficient technologies and for guiding more consumers towards the purchase of energy efficient products;
- To identify the energy efficiency requirements towards the products procured for the state needs;
- To enable long-term savings of public funds on devices acquired through public procurement;
- To ensure willingness to meet the challenges associated with the implementation of the relevant EAEU technical regulation 048/2019;
- To clarify Armenia's position on harmonizing regulations on certain commitments assumed under the Armenia-EU Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement.
"Regulatory Framework to Promote Energy Efficiency in Countries of the Eurasian Economic Union" UNDP-RTF regional project was aimed at reducing greenhouse gas emissions through the introduction of national energy efficiency systems in the countries of Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU), particularly, in Armenia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan and Belarus.